nanog mailing list archives

Re: exchange point media (was: Re: MAE-EAST Moving? ...)

From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:47:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

I have received a few emails stating that several hardware vendors support
jumbo frames on gigE. The question whether cisco does as well immediately
pops up. So far nobody has mentioned their name as one that does support
jumbo frames.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se

The other question is what is the actual capability of the GigaE cards in
a cisco box?  I have been told (not played with GigaE on cisco yet and for
that matter, neither has the person who told me) that it is limited to
around 400Mb/s.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc