nanog mailing list archives

RE: piracy on parade

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:56:12 -0700

Before you comment further on this, you might want to review what
ICANN is doing, WIPO and the ICANN/UDRP, and what's going on in
Yokohama this week. Especially if you are concerned about
Balkanization or its polar opposite, totalitarianism. Strangely,
the latter usually results in the former.

Become informed, then comment. If you are not aware of the
significance of Yokohama then you are seriously under-informed
and you've just made a religious statement. In that case, Joe
appears more informed than you, on this.

Vix's comment, while unflattering, is an informed comment. Vix is
aware of the issues and has taken a stance. Although, I don't
think he is completely aware of the lanscape, lately. Others
should review and decide for themselves, on an informed basis. In
the final analysis, this may become a "suit" decision.

For the record, I was one of the ICANN/DNSO/WG-C participants and
one of the original backers of the "other" candidate for the
ICANN slot, in 1998.

You might start at www.dnso.net

Further comments are probably off-topic for NANOG, at this time.