nanog mailing list archives

Re: Running BGP4 on a Core Router

From: "Chris" <chris () bgpconsulting com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:07:35 -0400

The atm part is only the layer two core C&W and UUnet, both have ip on all
core routers taking full bgp routes. Much like sprint has a POS core, but
they still run ip over it. You have to have some kind of layer 2 core to run
ip over so if you think about it every one has some kind of overlay model.
          Chris