nanog mailing list archives

Multiple providers w/o BGP (was: Re: Arrowpoint Load Balancing Devices)

From: Timothy Brown <tcb () ga prestige net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:48:32 -0400

Thank you for your interest in ArrowPoint Communications
On June 23, 2000, Cisco Systems completed its acquisition of ArrowPoint
Communications.

No Cisco's, eh? (-;

The company I work for has its offices in a building Cisco mostly occupies.
There have been Arrowpoint engineering staff in and out all week getting
badges for a move-in within the next 2-3 weeks.

As an aside containing actual internet operational content, are there any
pointers onna web to redundancy and load-balancing solutions NOT using BGP?
I'm pretty much talking about two different providers with different
addressing schemes trying to connect to a third party who is a customer of
both providers, but who cannot justify a /20.   What are my primary options
here for connectivity to the customer (short of adding three or four completely
seperate production networks to the justification request)?

Alan

--
Timothy Brown
tcb () ga prestige net