nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lurking lawyers

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 20:05:15 -0400

Sean Donelan wrote:

On Thu, 06 July 2000, Steve Sobol wrote:
However, unless there's something I don't know about you guys,
there are no lawyers or judges amongst the readers of NANOG.

Actually, there are several lawyers lurking on NANOG.  The direct and
indirect readership of NANOG is rather diverse, extending far beyond
network operators.  I don't know if either of the inventors of the
Internet (Al Gore or Vint Cerf) get copies of any of the messages, but
lots of reporters, researchers, spies, hackers, law enforcement officers,
regulators, inspector generals, policy makers, lobbyists and wonks do.

Ok. Would it be more accurate to say that no attorneys or judges
actively participate in this group? All of the people I see posting
are techies.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net