nanog mailing list archives

Re: mail does bounce (was: Customers down?)

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 2 Jan 2000 20:38:34 -0800

On Sun, 02 January 2000, Owen DeLong wrote:
I don't even assume that anyone elses mail system works, let
alone that it works this way, or even complies with the RFC's.

There's way too much MicroSoft stuff out there to believe
any of that.  I merely purport that the above is BCP.

Could you point me to a written Best Common Practice which says
this?  Or is it simply one of those assumptions people like to make?
The problem with assumptions is they work great, until someone
makes a different one.