nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quest/Cerf peering

From: Danny McPherson <danny () qwest net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:47:07 -0700

While some may argue that Jeff's query is precisely what NANOG was created
for, I'd argue that it's precisely what NOCs was created for.

I'm quite certain someone from Qwest, and perhaps Cerfnet as well, will be
following up with Jeff directly, if anyone else is truly concerned with this
feel free to contact our NOC as well.  Or, perhaps if someone from a company
other than Qwest or Cerfnet has details regarding any problems that may exist
directly between these networks, I'm sure our NOC would be interested in this
as well.

Note however, that it's noc () qwest net, not noc () quest net, which
                             ^                  ^
possibly may have led to at least some of the confusion ;-)

-danny

Anybody seeing a problem with Quest/Cerfnet Peering? I can't hit some
servers that are colo'd at Quest when the routes pass through
Cerfnet?  Routes die at what seems to be the quest/cerf peering
router.  (I thought of the fact that they don't allow traceroute, and web
and dns won't get through either).  Don't see any problems when going
through CWI or UUNet.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Meltzer                 meltzer () villageworld com
Sr. Network Administrator       http://www.meltzer.org