nanog mailing list archives

Re: Napster & other bandwidth hogs

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:33:31 -0800

Since these apps are becoming more and more prevalent, as college students
are huge collectors of digital music, and as bandwidth is always a
concern, I am wondering what others in either the educational or business
community are doing in light of this.
pretending we're in business, charging for bandwidth, and crying all
the way to the bank.
when the customer wants more of your product, and if you find this
negative, then your business model needs re-evaluation.
Considering that his email address ended in ".edu" and was asking his
question as a representative of such an institution (which you
considerably cut out of your response ;), I would say that your
statement about his business model needing re-evaluation is a bit
uncalled for.

a - his address was in the header.

b - you may want to actually read his message "in either the educational or
    business community"

randy