nanog mailing list archives

Re: Need routing engineer from Verio

From: john heasley <heas () shrubbery net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:56:02 -0800

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 08:36:01PM -0500, David Diaz wrote:

Well it's happened again.  It was easy to see this one coming.  I
think we all know when and what we should post.  It's important to
try and email and yes even a PHONE call the the repective NOC.  That
is why we have them 24x7 with lots of fancy screen.

What I think is import for the new engineers is to have a list of
those phone numbers handy.  Lauren Nowlin was nice enough to import
her list of every noc into my Palm.  I think it would be wonderfully
useful to make such a Palm list public so every engineer can have it
handy everywhere they are.

Backbone web sites dont always do a job of making the number easy to
find.  Not to mention when we experience an outage with that backbone
we cant reach the web page.

a web page exists with a list of contacs for many of the NOCs.
http://puck.nether.net/netops/

Just wanted to turn something negative into a possible positive. For
the record Randy responded within minutes.  Impressive.

dd