nanog mailing list archives

Re: missing commands in Cisco IOS

From: Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:57:14 -0700

I found that some features (namely, MBGP) are not moved from the 11.1CC
train to the main 12.0 train; and you will need 12.0T for them.  :-)

I beleive you're confused here, though this thread is defintely more
appropriate for the Cisco NSP list.

(When will software/hardware implementations be fast enough to build an
[I|routing]OS that is modular - so you can add the features you want
without having to load all the crap you will never need?  The question
itself may be moot, since no technical support group could provide service
for such a wide variety of installed systems... *sigh*.  )

This is clearly a vendor/implementation issue, not an operational
or standardization body one.

FWIW, I do agree that more "non-monolithic" approaches will provide better
reliability, as do _many other folks.

-danny