nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco says attacks are due to operational practices

From: "John M. Brown" <jmbrown () ihighway net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:25:57 -0700

We have always built martian filters on our edge routers.  In addition we
built specific filters for ports that are not used, or are bad on the net.

No matter what the customers router is doing, ours will drop 1918 and other
IP blocks, and ports.

This can be automated and can be deployed over a reasonable period of time.
Most MAJOR backbone providers do not do this, wish they would

jmbrown