nanog mailing list archives

Re: SERVER NAMES

From: Ronan Mullally <ronan () iol ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:43:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, DeepBlue wrote:

This is a little off of the normal lines of the list. But I am at a loss as
to what naming convention I should use with my new set of servers.  I have
already used Southpark, Jet sons,and Warner brothers cartoons.  Does any one
have any good suggestions other than the Super Friends?

I apologize ahead of time if this email seems useless to some of you.. but
humor me please.

Last time around I had a few Network Appliance boxes to name.  The first
one was called 'toaster' by default.  That evolved into a general naming
convention along the lines of 'kitchen appliances ending in "er"'.

This time around I've gone for children's TV characters, though I doubt
the likes of Sneaky-Snake and Mr Crow ever made a name for themselves
outside of Ireland...

-Ronan