nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

From: Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:09:04 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Daniel Senie wrote:
Dan Hollis wrote:
An ascend TNT makes a rather nice smurf amp
funny... there is a "Forward Directed Broadcast" option in the config.
Turning this off does seem to work. Of course that doesn't mean folks
HAVE turned it off...

Yup, makes you wonder why they havent done it

Ignorance is usually the problem here.

Doubly confusing if ascend hasnt made it default

The last time I installed a TNT it wasn't even an option.  The last time I
worked with any piece of Ascend gear (pipeline 85), the Forward Directed
Broadcast option was set to yes by default.  This may have changed since
then.

--
Joseph W. Shaw - jshaw () insync net
Computer Security Consultant and Programmer