nanog mailing list archives

Re: Congestion or regression testing DDoS

From: Alex Bligh <amb () gxn net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:59:36 +0000

sean () donelan com said:
In January there were several reports of unusually large amounts of
traffic.  This caused congestion problems at several different places,
but no provider or company made any public reports.

You will also find these corelate well (IMHO) with periods of high
packet loss over stress points like MAE-East (even for those not being
attacked - HoB) if my guess is right. It needs someone with better
measurement tools than I have to confirm this.

--
Alex Bligh
VP Core Network, Concentric Network Corporation