nanog mailing list archives

Re: Akamai..

From: Avi Freedman <freedman () freedman net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:43:45 -0500

In article <100119.141444.6997 () avi netaxs com> you wrote:

: LAX internap cluster was down for about 7 hours last night...  Traffic was
: still being sent, affected all southern california roadrunner/mediaone,
: @home among others...  Had reports of down clusters continue to being sent
: traffic a LOT of late..

: Matt

Traffic should be rerouted in under 20 seconds, and we use an HSRP-like
mechanism to snarf traffic if just one machine is down...  I've never
heard of routing to down regions for longer than seconds.

We've seen a fair bit of election-traffic requested being more than end ASs
or pieces of end ASs can actually take, no matter where we serve from, but
not of serving from down regions.

noc () akamai com can investigate, just let them know the prefixes you're
coming from.

They'll escalate to the networking group if anything truly strange is
going on.

Thanks,

Avi