nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interliant and Digex

From: Kai Schlichting <kai () pac-rim net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:57:14 -0500

At Friday 01:39 PM 12/8/00, LBolton () geiger com wrote:

My company is considering using either Interliant or Digex for Web Hosting.
Any opinions of either company would be appreciated.

Please feel free to respond privately.

Many thanks in advance.

Lars Bolton
lbolton () geiger com

If you like to do business with spammers - go ahead.
I am getting REALLY sick and tired of Interliant stealing contact information
from the NSI whois database and printing them on postcards for postal spam
(and I sure as hell didn't give NSI any permission whatsoever in selling
my contact info ; I know, they've been selling it lately; whether I want
their spam or not is ultimately InterLIARs concern though). As far as as
ethics standards for Digex/Intermedia is concerned, my mind is clouded
right now, but Interliant will never find consideration at places where
I am at the helm. That same behavior has cost Savvis some substantial
contract(s) this year, from DSL lines over T1's to a DS-3, new ones and
extensions alike. Names not omitted to blame the guilty.

--
"Just say No" to Spam                                     Kai Schlichting
New York, Palo Alto, You name it             Sophisticated Technical Peon