nanog mailing list archives

RE: California power - its cold, its dark

From: "Brian W." <bri () sonicboom org>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:36:35 -0800 (PST)

I hear there are many plants offline also, there apparently is a system in
place that accounts for annual environmental emissions, and some plants
have met their annual allottment.  My take is its all a plan by left wing
environmentalist wackos to put up so many roadblocks that plants cant be
built.  I hear 2 were just approved, but there have been none built in a
very long time, despite the population in the sun belt.

In summary:poor management as pointed out earlie.

                Brian