nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:25:23 -0700

It's a far-*left* policy - "We're ARIN, and we know how best everyone's
resources should be allocated."

A far-right policy would be "Here are these IPs you've requested; use
them as you will, but don't come whining back to us for more because you
underestimated your initial request."  This would be far preferable.

The SSL issue is a real one, and I don't know how to get around it.  One
would assume that this would qualify as an 'exception'; however, how are
they going to verify what you're using them for?  Are they going to nmap
your networks to see if you're really running SSL on the IPs you've
requested?

--
 Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net> // 818.535.5024 voice