nanog mailing list archives

Re: The latest nasty tactics from NSI

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:50:35 -0400

Universal Rundle wrote:

OK, speaking on basis of confidentiality.

Then WHY in $DEITY's name did you post to a public, archived mailing
list?

The three main objectionables for the new contract are 1) the partner is
forbidden from saying anything "disparaging" about NSI or its services,

That's typical of the arrogant fsckheads I've dealt with at NSI, some of
whom are in upper-level management (hello, Mr. Holtzman). The only
person
I've dealt with with any decent clue level is Lauren Nowlin, and she's
gone (and she wasn't in management either, if I recall correctly).

2) the partner is forbidden from using any alternate registrar for more than
5% of its monthly registrations, and 3) the partner guarantees to NSI that
the domain will be paid for, and if it's not, the partner has to pay the $6
registry fee, plus a $12.50 "processing fee".  So partners are on the hook
for how reliable their customers are, with a penalty fee no less.

So use someone else. I don't see what the issue is here.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net

"Never attribute to malice events more properly attributed to corporate
greed." --Me, March 28th, 2000