nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is there a PSI.NET person in the house?

From: Kai Schlichting <kai () pac-rim net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:37:00 -0400

At Monday 12:41 PM 3/1/99 , Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

beta.pragmatix.com with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service

Accepting mail from *.pub-ip.psi.net considered harmful! - News at 11

They are so ignorant and lame about complaints, I shut off their dialup
IP ranges from sending mail at a number of sites I was/am responsible
for about 2+ years ago. Judging from their DNS zones being in good order,
I can only guess at their silent approval of this.

SpamShield <tm> was majorly beta-tested with the help of Porn spammers on
their Baltimore,MD dialups, and provided about half the motivation to write
it in the first place. Thank you, PSI.

--
kai () conti nu             "Just say No" to Spam            Kai Schlichting
Palo Alto, New York, You name it             Sophisticated Technical Peon