nanog mailing list archives

Re: Major asia pacific public exchange points

From: MAEMURA Akinori <maem () mesh ad jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:18:09 +0900

Bill, Thanks for the reply,

 :"bmanning () vacation karoshi com" wrote
 : at Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:21:35 -0700 (PDT) .....
 :
 :| >  :| I think there's also one in Seoul called KIX as well, but I'm not entirely
 :| >  :| sure.
 :| >
 :| > Yes, KIX is in Seoul but I think it is domestic IX.  In
 :| > Japan as well there is no IXes which can be called
 :| > international one.
 :|
 :|     As I understand, KIX is mostly domestic Korea.

Yes.

 :|     Japan has NSPIX3 and JPIX.  There is enough
 :|     international capacity to house a root server
 :|     there. :)
 :|
Umm,,, To be correct, Nationwide IXes in Japan are NSPIXP2,
NSPIXP3, JPIX.  NSPIXP3 is located in Osaka.

Yes, M.root-servers.net is on NSPIXP2 and donated transit
through NSPIXP2 by some ISPs.  It may be called int'l
capacity. :-)

 :|     And based on what I have been told, both HKIX and
 :|     STIX can be called international.  There is a
 :|     common error in assuming international = US domestic.
 :|
 :|     This is false.
 :|
Thanks for pointing out.  "international" means just the
multi-nationality of participant ISPs, right?

 :|     Both STIX & HKIX have interconnections to ISPs in
 :|     many other nations but not quite the connectivity back
 :|     to the US.
 :|
I see.

-----
MAEMURA Akinori
        Network Engineer,
        C&C Internet Service  mesh,  NEC Corporation, JAPAN
        maem () mesh ad jp,  maemura () mms mt nec co jp