nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP Address Allocation

From: Patrick Evans <pre () pre org>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:30:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 jlewis () lewis org wrote:

Or, in the event of this side of the pond, you could have a look at
the list of local IRs on www.ripe.net.

These places are useful for finding out who "owns" what block of space,
but the original question was more like "how do I found out all the
address space an organization 'owns'?"  I'm not aware of an easy way to do
that other than walking the entire IPv4 space at the appropriate
registries.

RIPE's site has a good stab at that. The local IR page lists every
IR, alphabetically, by country, and lists all allocations for each
one. I know of no equivalent outside RIPE, but it works well enough on
this side of the Atlantic...

--
Patrick Evans - Sysadmin, bran addict and couch potato
pre at pre dot org                     www.pre.org/pre