nanog mailing list archives

Relaying to non-standard TLD's (was Re: ARIN whois)

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:50:26 -0800

On 11/23/99, "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () mhsc com> wrote:

Analogies never prove anything. Let's get our hands on the real thing
instead. Show me another way to run a third-party e-mail gateway that
doesn't require a smart relay somewhere. Oh yeah, do it with sendmail.

        Okay, let's take your non-standard TLD example.

        It'd be pretty easy to write a sendmail ruleset that would
        allow anybody anywhere to relay TO THOSE TLD's but not to any
        other mail server.

        I'm sorry to come off so negative, Roeland, but I'm shocked
        by how little research you've done here.  (If you were a little
        more polite about it I'd be tempted to write the ruleset for
        you right now.)

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cybernothing org> =========---------
  |           "Actually it's November 27.  I'm terribly sorry.           |
  |            I thought you were an asparagus."                         |
  |                                       - Opus the Penguin             |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----