nanog mailing list archives

Re: Something fishy at NetSol again...

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 00:37:47 -0500

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 09:21:17AM -0800, Wayne wrote:

I think I remember that NetSol was using or experimenting with some
dynamic load balancing system to help scale up some of their
services. If that work was successful then there may be several hosts
behind a load balancer... effectively hidden behind a single IP
address which seems to be the driver in the assumption that there's
now only one host.

Yes. And as I think I mentioned, we should probably be reconfiguring our
whois clients to use whois.internic.net. However, I'd REALLY REALLY like for
someone from NetSol to verify this for me. (Please?)

The thing is, whois's standard out-of-the-box config doesn't default to
whois.internic.net...

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol () nacs net]
Part-time Support Droid [support () nacs net]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com