nanog mailing list archives

Re: quick question about mae-la

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:42:31 -0800 (PST)

 what fibre carriers are available to one wilshire or 4676 admiralty?
 any contacts on either the isi or mfs side?
 (mae-la-request () isi edu seems to get me to a defunct mailing-list,
 and my wcom reps are clueless, as usual.. "what's mae-la? is that
 a person?")

 sorry, this should probably be in the faq :(
 please reply privately, so as not to clutter the list.

 thanks much,

-h

Screwy majordomo... -request should come to me.

        one wilshire is a carrier hotel so you get a pot-full
        of carriers there.
        4676 has three, WCOM, GTE, ATT/TCG. GTE is placing
        new capacity in, WCOM claims near saturation and
        there are no known plans. ATT/TCG has capacity.

        1 wilshire is still homed behind shared FDDI and is
        quite congested.  4676 is all switched and can take
        GigE although most folks here are half-duplex fastE.
        ( hint, hint, the congestion point is that wcom hub,
        for those of you players that can re-home :)

        4676 has native multicast & IPv6 services. For more
        details, give a shout.  We'd love to have more players
        show and have the capacity (on the 4676 end :)

--bill
310.822.1511x387