nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

From: Danny McPherson <danny () qwest net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:19:53 -0700

There are ways to get around this (as-path filtering, maximum-paths, etc)
that aren't as nazi as one would hope, but will prevent stupidity and
provide sanity checking.

    Maximum paths deals primarily with ibgp

Well, thats patently wrong. I don't know how else to respond to this.

It's actually "maximum-prefix" in Cisco parlance, perhaps this introduced the confusion.

As for Verio's policy of filtering based on registry allocations, I know of several other providers that implement it
as well, and have for quite a while.

-danny