nanog mailing list archives

RE: [announce-all] NAC Maintenance this weekend (fwd)

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:43:57 -0500 (EST)

Well, I forwarded it to a few friends who really should know better, so
if you call the feds, don't forget I confessed early.

The news people would jump on a story like this sharks on chum. Look at
how much is made of a streetflood during a Y2K test. Actual damage/bodily
injury from computer failures would be the cause of a whole series of
articles on "how safe is your workplace?" and "how much does your IT
department REALLY know about Y2K?"

Stranger things have happened. I have seen a few emails about all optical
switchgear moving 100s of Gb/s around april 1st a few years back. Now I
get product literature from vendors selling it.

Deepak Jain
AiNET