nanog mailing list archives

Re: address spoofing

From: Sean Donelan <SEAN () SDG DRA COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:06:35 -0500

randy () psg COM (Randy Bush) writes:
first, apologies for bringing up an operational issue.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll spin off topic within five messages.

a long while back, i noticed my border filters were showing incoming
packets from 1918 addresses and my own address blocks.  i wrote this off
to anomalies and did not have the time to pursue.

Steven Bellovin wrote a paper a while back about the mystery packets
found on the Bell Labs/AT&T Labs/What-ever-its-called-this-week network.

ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/pub/doc/network/Packets.ps.Z