nanog mailing list archives

Re: Peering Policies

From: Paul Ferguson <ferguson () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:48:25 -0400

At 01:40 PM 4/22/99 -0700, Tim Wolfe wrote:

How does this figure into the future political and
technical growth of the net?  Wouldn't this type of apathy tend to push
toward government involvement in this industry?

Are you insane? I ask that semi-jokingly, but on the serious side,
"government" involvement in a capitalist environment has traditionally
stifled technical growth, and subsequently revenue.

I can only suggest that true capitalism can solve this problem in the
long run. If one provider can't live up to their SLA, change providers.

$.02,

- paul

ps. Standard disclaimers apply.