nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ameritech must be talking to the PA PUC

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:53:53 -0400

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 09:23:10PM -0400, Eric S. Hvozda wrote:
Internet service providers. Ameritech previously refused to pay the charges,
arguing that Internet calls are long-distance calls, not local calls, and
thus weren't subject to the mandated connection fees. Ameritech spokesman
Kim Norris said Ameritech has not decided whether to appeal the ruling.

And they are not the only ones, looks like this is happening in PA too:

http://www.mercurycenter.com/business/tech/docs/076951.htm

Yes, thus my subject. I know about the PA situation already

--

"You know, I've decided lizards aren't too smart."
   --Me, to "Junior", one of my iguanas