nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

From: John Harkin <jh () harkin net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:08:05 -0700

Have you tried contacting the folks at tonic.to?  I know them and they have
a shoot first, ask questions later policy about spam.  Here's a quote from
their FAQ page.

Tonic feels very strongly that the sending of unsolicited bulk email or
excessive Usenet posting
("spamming") constitutes theft of service, and we do not condone the use
of .TO domain names for this
purpose.

If we receive complaints that a .TO domain name has been used for this
purpose, we will advise the
domain owner of the complaint and request that they desist from this
activity. Tonic reserves the right to
remove any .TO name registration if a name is used as a source of spam, or
an address to which to reply
to such bulk mail solicitations. We will also publish the names and
contact information for any accounts
terminated for such a reason.

John

--