nanog mailing list archives

Re: IXC Fibre cut IL,OH

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:04:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 09:39:21AM -0500, Charley Kline wrote:
IXC communications currently has more than a hundred ds3s
cut.  The outage started at 0830 CDT on 9/19/98.
All ds3s that I have isolated traverse their fibre route
between cleveland and downtown chicago.  The outage seems to affect
the chicago area primarily.

Possibly the same cut also took out some of Consolidated/McLeod's circuits,
including our OC-3 to the AADS NAP. The McLeod guy I talked to said the cut
was in or near Kankakee, Illinois. We lost our NAP connection at 8:40am CDT
Saturday and it was restored at about 6:15pm CDT.

I guess the train pulled out...

Cheers,
-- jr "Rolled along through houses, farmes, and fields..." a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com