nanog mailing list archives

Re: NOTICE: mass-media event expected Sep 11, 1998

From: "John M. Brown" <jmbrown () ihighway net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 02:27:34 -0700

We had a solid 4 times increase on all links, backbone and customer
links.  Once we had the report Squid Cached and published locally
the backbone links dropped back down fairly quickly.

I can say that many USG sites where hitting the reports hard over the
course of the day.  One of our customers is a News Paper. Getting it
via the AP was a god send.

jmbrown