nanog mailing list archives

Re: European/Asian equivalents to NANOG?

From: "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb () clark net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 19:10:56 -0400

At 2:58 PM -0700 9/5/98, Sean M. Doran wrote:
| From:        "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb () clark net>
|
| At 2:47 PM -0700 9/5/98, Sean M. Doran wrote:
| >Uhm, how do you give a European routing tutorial
| >without already knowing about RIPE  (http://www.ripe.net/) ???
| >
| >    Sean.
|
| You don't.  But I was asking about operational mailing lists, not
| registries.  If RIPE has a mailing list separate from the general European
| registry function, great. That's what I am asking about. S

You mean like the part of the home page at http://www.ripe.net/
where it says "Mailing Lists"?   If you missed it, it's at the
bottom of the "Services" column at the start of the page...

      Sean.

Let me try rephrasing this yet again. I am, and have been, quite aware of
RIPE.  I was attempting to find if there were other operational lists other
than EOF.  I haven't been subscribing to that since I work primarily in
North America, but have been asked to give some European and Asian
tutorials by a couple of firms with whom I have established relationships.

P.S.: I dont suppose you wanna float your tutorial syllabus on NANOG?  --:)

If there would be a useful function to be served, why not?  Not really sure
where you are going with the question, Sean. I'm not trying to get anyone
to write material for me; I asked what I thought was a simple question to
be sure that I didn't miss something that a person closer to the region
might be aware of.

Howard