nanog mailing list archives

Re: Gigarouter performance

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:36:53 +0100

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:31:00 -0200 (EDT)
 Rogerio Alvarez - DRS23 <rogerio () embratel net br> wrote:

I know that these boxes work well, theoretically, but I really want to know
if any major ISP is using gigarouters on their core.

Another issue is, if I have 30 ATM PVC´s over an OC-12 interface, how
well this box will treat , it will provide QoS for all the PVC´s without
impact the other services?

The GRF-400 can't cope with 2 PVC's on an OC-3 interface properly.
If one PVC overly maxes out it connection it makes every other PVC on
the card drop packets. The PA-A3 card seems to cope with this on
a 7500.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.
neil () DOMINO ORG    NetBSD-1.3 released! ftp://ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD