nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet 1, Backhoe 0

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 11:13:03 -0700

I just took a peek at the Gomes Gopher shirt.

IMHO, it would be a LOT better not to depict *any* person at all. Simply a
picture of the back-hoe, bright yellow, in the gun-sights. Make is a
hi-tech gun-sight with ranging ranging, azimuth, and elevation markings.
The back-hoe should be one of those enclosed driver compartment types so
the operator can't be seen.

No matter which operator is depicted, someone could construe it as being
racially/ personally defamitory. This would prevent many of us from wearing
it in the work-place.