nanog mailing list archives

Re: 2U chassis (was Linux Router Kit)

From: Brett_Watson () enron net
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 00:47:00 -0800

On 10/31/98 05:24:22 PM Paul Vixie  wrote:

We are trying to roll our own server/router/accounting box and
have everything speced out but the chassis, we need to find a PC rack
mount chassis that is no higher than 2U ( 3.5"). ...

My friend Billy Bath of Telenet (billy () tesys com) has been selling me
Integrand boxes (4U) for some years now, and he just recently commissioned
his own sheet metal.  He has a 2.5U case and also a 2U case, both with
lots
of fans and with the option of dual/hotswap power supplies.  He'd probably
sell them as either raw components or as built systems.  For my part, I've
bought my last Integrand.  I just don't need that much airspace any more.
Billy's box is every bit as well made as the Integrand 590 is/was.

Disclaimer: Billy is a friend, so I would benefit indirectly from someone
believing any or all of the above.

well, if it helps any, he's not my friend but i've used several boxes that
he built and they were quite nice.

-brett