nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 01:39:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, john heasley wrote:

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 10:28:07PM -0500, alex () nac net wrote:

Again, we are applying for more space from ARIN.
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some of the questions we got from them range from "please provide a
network map and/or customers justification as to why they needed a /24" to
"please provide where your POPs are, how many dialups there are in that
POP, and how many ports you have in that dialup."

POPs are" seems a bit extreme, you should have all this information
immediately available anyway.  right?

Not only that, but he's done this before.  Assuming they want similar
information to the last time he applied, it should just be a matter of
updating the ARIN isptemplate he used last time such that it's current,
and fire it off to ARIN.  You do keep copies of these things...right?

---dont't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key________