nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMURF AMPLIFIER BLOCK LIST -- VERY LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Karl Denninger <karl () mcs net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:18:08 -0500

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:31:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: tim () alpha net
Subject: Re: SMURF AMPLIFIER BLOCK LIST  -- VERY LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To: nanog () merit edu

It'd be nice if there were a more organized effort to collect these
addresses, but for the time being, here's my list.  I've actually got
a bunch more, but these are hand-picked for having a large
amplification factor and also for not appearing on the mcs.net page.

    194.47.135
    194.47.136
    164.156.26
    204.30.35
    204.199.101

It would be interesting to see if the use of these networks as smurf
aplifiers increases once they are published on nanog.

(Are we doing all the hard work for the smurfers, namely creating a
consolidated list of all of the known smurf amplifiers?)

                              -tjs

It doesn't do 'em a damn bit of good if we all also block 'em at our
entrances.

--
--
Karl Denninger (karl () MCS Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin