nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP & CIDR blocks

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 01:10:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Jason L. Weisberger wrote:

Is it unreasonable of me to think it's awfully backwards of ANS.NET to
require anyone getting a new CIDR block to physically call ANS's NOC and
say "please listen to routes for this block from this AS"?

They obviously care even less about their network than we were previously
led to belive.

Based on some of the other replies I've gotten, it's clear I should have
elaborated I'm not an ANS customer.  I could see them not taking BGP
routes for any random IP block from customers...but I'm a customer of
other backbones, and had to call ANS to say "please listen to X and Y
announcing routes for blah".

I told them on the phone...I'll just have to keep telling our customers
(some of which are ISPs) that ANS is down. :)

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |
 Network Administrator       |
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |