nanog mailing list archives

Re: The questions stand

From: Karl Denninger <karl () mcs net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:00:17 -0500

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 02:20:07PM -0500, Richard Irving wrote:
I'd love to see an exchange which PUBLISHED the "saturation rates" at each
*PORT* to the world, identifying the carrier and speed of connection at
each PORT.  Also, in the same breath, they would need to publish the total
FABRIC capacity as well as its saturation.

  Only one problem, *many* customers (ISP's) *demand* NDA's.

  :(

That's why rules for an exchange are important :-)

Sadly, I know of NO exchange currently in operation that subscribes to these
operating rules and policies.

  See above.

  We used to.... :\

Some folks need to start publicizing the names of carriers which demand
this.

--
--
Karl Denninger (karl () MCS Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin