nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question on filter-list config with peer goups

From: Christina Chu <cyc () nw verio net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:44:13 -0800 (PST)

You have to have the same outbound policy for all the members
in the peergroup. I.e., no override of outbound policy for
peer group members.

Christina Y. Chu
Sr. Network Engineer
Verio - Northwest
cyc () nw verio net
(425)649-7493

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Andrew Brown wrote:

Question:

WHen you have a peer configured in a peer group the peering session
policy is implemenated according to the peer group definition ie:

<bigger>neighbor testgroup peer-group

 neighbor testgroup remote-as 2493

 neighbor testgroup update-source Loopback0

 neighbor testgroup send-community

 neighbor testgroup version 4

 neighbor testgroup route-map mci-bbone out

 neighbor testgroup filter-list 70 out

</bigger>

<bigger>neighbor 130.200.17.250 peer-group testgroup

neighbor 150.300.12.13 peer-group testgroup

Why is it that when I try to remove the filter-list statement out of the
peer group definition it gives me an error??  It appears you cannot
assign different filter-lists to individual

members of a peer-group.

ie

 no neighbor testgroup filter-list 70 out = works OK

then ..

neighbor 130.200.17.250 filter-list 70 out

produces this error

% Invalid command for a peer-group member

</bigger>I am trying to apply a different filter-list to different
members of the same peer group.

Can anyone offer their advice/experience

greatly appreciated - I am definitly stuck here!

Andrew

Andrew Brown -  Internetwork Design Engineer - Service Development

iSTAR internet inc         Tel:    (613)780-2210

250 Albert Street          Fax:    (613)780-6666

Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1P 6M1