nanog mailing list archives

Re: GRE packets

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Danny McPherson wrote:

Perhaps to combat this, unless I'm missing something, one could justifiably
deploy GRE filters with source & destination addresses of the exchange
subnets.

What's the point of this? Wouldn't it make more sense to just run a
sniffer on the exchange fabric looking for such GRE tunnels and then
kick the offending parties out of the exchange? Seems to me this has
happened at least once at LINX.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael () memra com