nanog mailing list archives

Re: INTERNIC Question

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () shell nacs net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 23:42:04 -0400

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 10:14:52AM -0700, Ben Kirkpatrick wrote:
   It's been awhile since I messed with this, but I seem to remember
something that worked like this.  After you submit the template, you
should get back a receipt with the NIC tracking number in the
subject line.  To get status, you finger #######@rs.internic.net ,
or maybe it was ops.internic.net.  The result should be easy to
parse cuz it's always in the same format.
   The down side is that you often don't get the receipt in time and
that you're using the Internic's database key instead of your own.

finger NIC-#####@rs.internic.net

I think you can also do this for open invoices you have with them,
as well as tickets opened for correspondence with InterNIC staff.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,