nanog mailing list archives

Re: Being blackhole by some one.

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () xcom net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:28:46 -0500 (EST)

We just being blackhole by some ISP during their provisioning,
a few hours ago.  I thought that bogus route should be filtered by
the NAP.  Is there a way to prevent from somebody blackholing you ?
It takes a lot of affort to solve this problem, especially those
who need to update their router through rrdb automatically.  Which
suppose to solve blackhole problem accidentally.

Could you please explain the issue more specifically.  "Blackhole" could
have many meanings.

randy

Blackhole to me means you've been added to a certain someones
SPAM blackhole feed.

I suspect the interpretation here is accidental announcement.

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                    V:617.500.0108
Director - Data Networks           F:617.500.0002