nanog mailing list archives

Re: MTU of the Internet?

From: Joseph Malcolm <jmalcolm () uraeus com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:28:04 -0500 (EST)

David Bowie writes:
Pardon my ruffled feathers, but IMHO this is not so!  The Butterfly was
a fine example of a massively parallel computer.  It was, unfortunately,
seldom deployed with the full complement of 128 processors.

The only problem with the architecture was the "flexible-bus" technology
which made maintenance a bit unweildy.

BTW - I believe that the C/30 probably has the best uptime record of any
packet processor.  Many are documented as up 100% for years.

Well, perhaps they should have a) chosen a different front end, and b)
provided better cooling. The one at FIX-East sat there for years,
cooking, with the Mac on top cooking with it. Gee, wonder why the Mac
would space out every so often?