nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG Channel Archives and Editorializing

From: "Richard Thomas" <buglord () ex-pressnet com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 04:18:59 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hayes Merritt, III <harter () feeding frenzy com>
To: nanog () merit edu <nanog () merit edu>
Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: NANOG Channel Archives and Editorializing

Yes. View it the same as Bugtraq. If you find a problem, let the owner
know and give them ample time to respond and fix it. If it is not quickly
taken care of, add them to the list.  That is the only way you will ever
get things done.  If telling them privately doesn't work, telling the
world and embarrasing them in front of peers might.  So the spammers get
the list... it might get the problem fixed quicker.

And maybe if we smurfed broadcasts with other broadcasts we could get them
fixed faster... <g>