nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-East - Operational question

From: Richard Irving <rirving () onecall net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:32:23 -0500

Communism, *NOT* marxism.

   Lets see:

     router> conf t
     router> int nanog 0
     router> no ip directed-communism
     router> access-group 66 IN
     router>^z
     router>
     router> access-list 66 deny MARXISM
     router> access-list 66 deny _POLITICS_
     router> access-list 66 deny POLITICAL_PARTIES
     router> access-list 66 permit PHILOSOPHY
     router> access-list 66 permit IDEAOLOGY
     router>

   And now I leave the remainder of this discussion to OFF NANOG.
(and your local Poli-SCI PHD)

This config doesn't seem to be helping my routing much.... But,
in your defense, I am actually saying the opposite of what you *think*.

(I am saying it *doesn't* work , but making a distinction between
the ideology, and "supposed" implementations going by that name,
that *fine grained* distinction *is* the point :(

  The depths of greed that *some* of humanity exhibit,
  being the fatal flaw for both plans. (FDDI&COMMUNISM)

.)

(Darn lasers!)

foo wrote:

Richard Irving wrote:
   *Pure* communism was a great ideaology! However,
   its failure, for the most part, was cited
   as "not accounting for human nature"

as if.

that's the most often heard, and most false statement
one can make about communism.

try actually reading communist literature, and see if
you think marxism is such a great idealogy.

-foo