nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBN Peering issues

From: Dan Ritter <dsr () bbn com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:00:51 -0400

At 07:49 AM 19980813 -0700, Robert Bowman wrote:
You forgot one circumstance, the most likely in this situation...  Exodus isn't
going to buy any transit.  Nor are the other folks that BBN is trying to cut
off.  Let's face the facts, BBN is only 1.85% of my traffic.  By all accounts,
we estimate to be in the area of 10-30% of their traffic.  Lots of luck.  We
actually see a massively inverted benefit scale in this particular situation.

I'm not speaking for the company here. When I do that, I wear a different hat.

Are you seriously under the impression that 10-30% of BBN traffic is sent to
Exodus?

And that 10% of BBN's traffic equals 1.85% of Exodus's?

Boggle.

-dsr-

Dan Ritter                                         dsr () bbn com
ISE New England Region                            617.873.4514
          Epoch ends on Mon Jan 18 22:14:07 2038 EST.