nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Operators and smurf

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

Since I have started blacklisting people, the list has grown to more
than 40

Currently, the measures "I" am taking is:
. . .
What else do I need?!  What am I doing wrong with the above (if anything)

One obvious thing missing from your strategy is that you aren't
blacklisting the SMURF amplifiers by publicly announcing who they are on
this list and by not blocking the entire netblock in which they reside.
That is what Karl is doing.

--
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael () memra com